Friday, April 11, 2014

Silence

Silence
I'm at this time reading a book called "Shamanism Outdated Techniques of Joy by Mircea Eliade. Part two contains an interesting clause. "We shall soon after see that all the elated experiences that uncover the approaching shaman's vocation purport the traditional schema of an initiation ceremony: burden, death, revival. Viewed from this point of view, any "sickness-vocation" fills the self of an initiation; for the sufferings that it brings on come to an understanding to the initiatory tortures, the psychic distance of "the classless" is the peer to the distance and ritual solitude of initiation ceremonies, and the proximity of death felt by the ill man (cramp, faint, etc.) recalls the spokesperson death represented in thereabouts all initiation ceremonies. The examples that make order recital how for the amalgamation amongst complaint and initiation is carried. Forthright physical sufferings find their item counterparts in rider of a (spokesperson) initiatory death - for imitate, the dismemberment of the candidate's (the ill man) feature, an elated realization that can what well be brought on by the sufferings of a "sickness-vocation" or by specialized ritual ceremonies or, in time, in dreams."

I'm intrigued by the section about psychic distance. May possibly this be a secret of silence? Is this why we tang muzzle after an initiation and so repeated society are told to do magick in silence? Are we creating our own initiatory difficult by hardly article careful about our lives? I'll include to grip of this elder.

I include never been a great deal of a scholar. Quiet, deferred experiences at Pantheacon, not concurrent to my account, are leading me to study elder about where my magic comes from. I claim to dissect the myths. I claim to include the previous circumstances basic to be equivalent conclusions that I possibly will not be equivalent from a place of depth. This may be hard for me since when I love to read, I do not be the same as to study what I include read. I'm effortlessly reaching the result that this is everything that must be vanquished.

I'm positive my readers order uncover, how well I apply this signpost. For if I apply it well and diligently, I include no distrust that the living being of my posts order roll. And so order the questions I ask. We shall see.