Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Happy And Blessed Lughnasadh

Happy And Blessed Lughnasadh
I, unfortunately, will not be able to celebrate fully today - though my family celebration will be put on tomorrow - but I wanted to put up the Lughnasadh/Lammas ritual I use. It's quite easy to adapt to your personal desires, and my rituals are always quite simple and quick. (It just doesn't serve to be sitting outside all night chanting and counting and double-checking your BOS for precision.)

I'll be making cornbread, so I'll save a good, buttery chunk of that along with a glass of red wine. As we have a lot of dog neighbors and no fences - along with other wildlife - I typically dig a small hole for my offering. While I'm performing the ritual, I bury the cornbread with the honey butter and pour in the red wine, then finish up by covering it over again with the final blessing.

There's just so much power in simple rituals that get you back to nature. Add to this or take away whatever you want. In fact, I recommend it as my ritual may not work perfectly for you. Blessed Lughnasadh!

Love and Lyte,

Fire Lyte


Lughnasadh Blessing

Blessed be this season of Lughnasadh, time of the first harvest, the blessing of the Grain Goddess and the sacrifice of the King God.

The Great Mother Goddess has blessed us with a bounty of grain and corn, yet is still pregnant with the future harvest.

The Great King God has sacrificed his body and spilled his blood so that his people may eat and live well.

Praise be to the Great Mother who has given us a great bounty.

Praise be to the Great King who has given to us his body that we may thrive.

Bless our home, our hearth, and our family that we may know only prosperity, safety, and love.

Thanks be to you, Great Lord and Lady, for the blessings we have been given that have come to fruit.

Blessed Be!



Reference: master-of-pentagram.blogspot.com