Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Witches In Fiction 2013 To The Bone

Witches In Fiction 2013 To The Bone
I've been contemplating added the element of fiction to my blog. I've loved creative writing for years but put my dream of being a writer on hold for reasons I won't go into here. But I miss it! Oh how I miss it! In fact, right before I found this blog party I was contemplating ordering a book called How to Blog Your Book. God/dess must have been paying attention because I swear I had this sudden urge to visit the blog Pagan Culture. There I found Magaly's blogoversary party...and just in the nick of time! So for the first time ever, there will be fiction written by me, The Domestic Witch, on my blog!

You don't have to write fiction though. Magaly says "Let your muse set your boundries." There's more info about the blogoversary party below.

ABOUT THE BLOG PARTY:


"Do what you love. Know your own bone; gnaw at it, bury it, unearth it, and gnaw it still."

Those deliciously organic words, by Henry David Thoreau, describe some of the most important reasons behind my decision to write Pagan Culture. Four years of living, sharing and learning have made the initial motives even truer and closer to my heart.

I'm all about knowing what lies beneath my skin and gnawing at my own bone. The more I understand myself, the clearer I can see everyone (and everything) else. So... this year, for Pagan Culture's 4thblogoversary, I wish to celebrate three things I've always enjoyed exploring, experiencing and nibbling at:WITCHES, FICTION, and BONES.

I've spent the last few months working on "Dancing on Her Bones", an AlmaMia Cienfuegos novel. The story has little to do with "actual" bones, but every time I need a boost of inspiration I jump on my cyber broom and search for bone fiction, bone poetry, bone magic, bone crafts, bones... Would you like to add to my bone vault? If you said yes, then welcome to Witches in Fiction 2013... to the BONE!

HERE ARE THE STEPS TO PARTY BY:1. Use the InLinkz widget (here) to add your blog name to the party list2. Grab the party button (or image), place it somewhere on your blog, and link it to this post3. From April 1st to April 13th, begin blogging to the BONE. Everything bone goes: fiction, magic, poetry,spirituality, painting, crafts, history, myth, anthropology, medicine, lore, music, photography... let your muse set the boundaries (or let her run wild).4. YOU ARE ONLY REQUIRED TO POST ON APRIL 13TH. However, there will be a special you-are-so-wicked-awesomegiveaway for one of the Wicked Darlings who blog at least 5 out of the 13 days.5. Every time you write a new party entry (starting April on 1st), use the InLinkz widget (at the end of the post) to add the direct link to the new post.

**Note** Do not sign up on this post. This post is informational only. Please visit Pagan Culture here to sign up!

Extra Wicked Bits:* The "Boar Skull Bone Art" image was provided by Laura, the Forest of Bones and Forest Art Walk goddess

* You are not required to spread the word, but I would do a happy dance if you tell ;-)* If you have questions about the party (other than sponsoring a giveaway), leave a comment here.* Want to sponsor a giveaway? Let me know before Mar 25th, 2013 magalyguerrero (at) live (dot) com.* Let's party ourselves... to the BONE, my Wicked Luvs!

Credit: wizard-notes.blogspot.com