Saturday, May 3, 2008

Horror Dream With Tarot Immagery

Horror Dream With Tarot Immagery
This dream I had was particularly disturbing and left me with a lot of conflicting emotions. I was hoping someone could offer interpretations of what it meant.

I dreamed that I witnessed the Red Wedding in Game of Thrones as if it was real. (I haven't seen or read it, but I've heard what happens in the story-- Rob Stark and his pregnant wife and all their soldiers and followers are brutally killed. Rob's mother, Catelyn Stark is brutally tortured and mutilated and thrown in a river.)

The scene shifted and I watched Arya Stark (age12-ish-- Rob's sister & Catelyn's daughter) and her baby dire wolf get buried in an avalanche of snow. I knew they were still alive. They were going to be kept in stasis for several hundred years, protected from what would happen next. The brutal murderers from the Red Wedding kept looking for the baby, who I understood to be Arya, but couldn't find her. So instead, in their rage, they took over everything and tore up the physical land.

Her mother, Catelyn, was tortured, mutilated, and her remains hung on a tree. After the murderers all left, I approached the tree. The three witches guarded her body. They were short and decrepit, with wispy white hair and no eyes in their sockets. They laughed at my trauma, horror, and fear. In order to not turn and run in fear, I kept thinking to myself, At least Arya is alive. At least shes still alive. She doesnt have to hurt like this. Shell never see what happened to her mother. Theyll never find her. Shell never know this horror. Shell grow up happy. Shell be okay. As I was so distracted, trying to control myself, I suddenly realized the witches were reaching for my hands to take something from me. In my hands, I held six gold coins. They wanted them. I suddenly felt if I gave them the coins, I would be endorsing what they did to Catelyn Stark. (I wasnt sure they did it, actually, but they certainly didnt seem upset by it. Maybe they controlled the men who did it somehow.) In fact, I feared they wanted to do the same thing to me. They were trying to take the coins while my guard was down, to steal my soul (or possibly Aryas as well because I knew even in the dream that both Arya and Catelyn were representing different parts of me). I recoiled and clutched the coins tightly to my chest. "No! I need these! They're all I have!" I cried. The three witches laughed at me. I feared they were accusing me for everything that had happened-- as if I had caused it. They seemed to be taunting me for something I didn't know.

Then I woke up. I lay in bed, terrified that if I fell asleep again, the witches would steal my soul. It took me at least an hour to calm down enough to go back to sleep.

If it's of any relevance, the Red Wedding scene in the dream happened in summer. The avalance of snow was in a different place at the same time. Arya was very far removed from the scene. Then the scene with the witches happened in a flat, barren plain. The tree was withered. The full moon gave off the only light and made everything very eerie.

--And before you go and make this about pregnancy-- It's not. There is zero chance of me being pregnant. I also have zero interest in having children ever. Also, despite the moon imagery, it has nothing to do with my period. I wasn't menstruating when I had the dream. The dream is about MY mind and emotions. That much I'm certain of.

other things:

What I was struck with was how much Tarot imagery was in the dream: hanging from a tree= hanged man, six coins= six of pentacles, the literal moon & it's associated crone women=The Moon...

-There's the child, mother, old woman thing happening... except for some reason there's 3 old women who were much scarier than the usual old woman symbol is supposed to be...

- dogs in my dreams usually indicate some kind of instincts (the dire wolf companion)

-I was not sure if the witch women were trying to help me or hurt me

-The most relevant context of this dream is I have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and am actively recovering from trauma inflicted on me by my parents. I'm now away from them, but I still have nightmares about them practically every night.

-my own mother was never literally injured or tortured in any way.

-I've been feeling extremely energy-drained these last months and having an especially hard time sorting out my own emotions.

Origin: practicing-wicca.blogspot.com