Monday, May 19, 2008

Vernal Equniox

Vernal Equniox
Somewhere between March 19 and March 22, depending upon the year, is the Vernal Equinox, the first day of Spring and one of two days of the year of Balance. This day provides us with equal day and night hours. On this day you can stand an egg on end. The Equinox fell on March 21, in 1987. This is a very special Equinox because it was on this day My twin flame and I found each other. So I will dedicate this little ritual to that anniversary.

PREPARATION:

Spend the day gathering things that are representative of Balance. Make sure you have a raw egg (room temperature) to Balance around noon. See how long it will stand as this will give you a good idea of how strong the magick is this day. Find some new growth, and gather them for your altar. Gather some seeds if possible as well. You are celebrating the return of growth.

RITE

Cast the circle in the usual manner.

Take a moment to feel the Balance of the day and the calling of growth.

Say:

*On this day of Balance I/we rejoice for the time has come for the God and Goddess to come together and bring forth rebirth and renewal. The long nights of winter and harshness are ended and the Sun returns to dominance.

Feel the heat of the God and Goddess embracing as the Goddess returns from the underworld into the embrace of the God and they fall into an embrace of Desire to spark the new growth of Spring. See the beauty of their passion as they take the Darkness of winter and through the love they share in passionate desire they transform it into light and love.

Say:

*My Lady, you have been hidden from sight for too long. Share with me/us your passion and fire. In honor of your return, I hold myself (we hold ourselves) to the Balance you have restored this day. Find me/us in my/our dreams and rise within me/us the same passion to renew the planet.

Then take the seeds and plant them somewhere asking for blessings of growth. As an offering, push three pennies into the ground in a triangle around the seeds and say:

*These things I bury to gratify spirits and witches that they may never such things be wanting or go against me changing my fortune from good unto evil.

Before you open the circle, take a moment to see the Goddess through your third eye. See Her in the splendor of giving. For the Goddess is open to your desires this day as Her own are unquenchable. When you feel filled with Her love and Desire, thank Her and spend the day/night with this image fully in your mind. Know that She and the God will be fully involved in the Great Rite.

Open the circle and spend the next few days seeing the return and the fruits of their union.

Blessed be.



Origin: i-love-witchcraft.blogspot.com