Friday, January 2, 2015

Its A Big World Out There Different Types Of Empathy

Its A Big World Out There Different Types Of Empathy
**original graphic from anaRasha**

IT'S A BIG WORLD OUT THERE.... DIFFERENT TYPES OF EMPATHY

Merry Meet :)))) Most of you are here with me as you are gifted with being highly sensitive, and I know a lot of you are empaths as well. So today I wanted to give you another excerpt from my book "The Highly Intuitive Empath" that I am writing.

Not only can we feel the emotions of people but we can feel the emotions and energy of plants, trees, animals, insects, those that have crossed, gemstones, etc. We are like giant sponges when we walk through life absorbing the energy and emotions of those around us. So let's take a closer look at some of these. You may identify with just one, or you may identify with many.

The Loving Animal Kingdom


Let's start with animals. Animals are just magickal amazing creatures to me. I could spend countless hours in the wilderness sensing the energy of the chipmunks, squirrels and various other creatures that run about me on my walks. They usually quite calming to me. Some of us will be able to pick up on the emotions of these animals easily. As I write this I have my golden retriever, Max, lying with his head on my feet, and my cockatiel Tango staring at me. I know my pup is content just to be snoozing next to me, and my bird is wanting out of the cage again so that he can come create the clickety-clack sounds that I make as I type. It is not limited to our pets, they can involve animals in the wild, shelters, zoos, at the neighbors, wherever you will come across them.

Almost all of us have connections with our pets, if we are an empath or not. Try to determine how far your connection with your pets at home goes. Can you feel them? Do you feel if they are sick? Can you tell their emotions? Are there times when you would swear you can sense what they are thinking? That may very well be your gift kicking in. A wonderful experiment to try is to take a walk out in nature. When you see squirrels, chipmunks, birds or other animals, stop and watch them. Do they scurry away? Do some stop and watch you curiously? See if any of them hold your gaze and if you can feel what they are thinking or how they are feeling. This is a wonderful way to start using your gift.

A Bug's Life...

You can do the same type of experiment with insects. You all would probably laugh at me. I am terrified of bees. I avoid them at all costs. Probably most of you do. The other day I was in my living room and my son was yelling for me because there was a bee in there. I grabbed a newspaper from the kitchen and made my way into the living room to get rid of him. I have a hard time killing anything, so you know, and I noticed this time was worse! As I raised up my arm to hit the bee with the newspaper he turned about and was staring straight at me! I could see his eyes looking directly into mine. Now most scientists will tell you he was likely lining up to come sting me in the eye, but I didn't feel afraid. I tried to scoop him up with the paper and and get him outside, but I wound up having to use the newspaper to ehm knock him out and remove him. You're probably laughing at me right now. Or...maybe you understand because you are sensitive to them as well.

Now there are a lot more pleasant ways to experiment with insects. I love to watch the butterflies in my yard. I have special flowers planted to attract them. I always giggle when I see one following me about. My daughter is amazed how many will come up and land right on me. Caterpillars, moths, ladybugs.. Ladybugs! Ladybugs always land on me! These are just a few examples of insects that you can try to sense. If you have a garden, it's the perfect place to experiment with it. If not, you can go to a local park and wander among the flowers. When you see one that you might enjoy go by attempt to connect your energy to it and see what happens. Watch their behavior. What do you think they are doing? How are they feeling?

Talk to Your Plants..

This is an area I definitely missed out on. However I know many empaths who are amazing gardeners. Why? Because they can sense their plants. They know exactly what they need and when. Have you ever heard people say that talking to your plants can help? It most definitely can. You can experiment with sending them energy as well. When you work with your plants hold your hands about an inch on either side of the flower or plant you wish to work with. Focus your attention on it completely. Then start using your hands to direct loving energy into the plant. Most of us are natural healers. I will get into that in more depth later on. For now though, if you try this experiment you may be surprised at the results you get.

My Pet Rock..

I am especially sensitive to the energy of gemstones. More often then not, I know the healing properties of a stone before I even go and look it up. My memory is horrendous, but my sense is outstanding. Thank goodness for that or I think I'd be a wee bit lost in life! Gemstones are amazing to work with. If you are extra-sensitive to them you may be able to feel their vibrations right in the palm of your hand. If you currently work with gemstones, try putting them into a bag. Close your eyes and pull out one gemstone at a time. Without looking at it, see if you can feel the energy of the stone. Does it feel protective, loving, grounding? You will be surprised how many of them you may be able to accurately name without even seeing the stone.

This is especially useful when finding stones in the wilderness. My son is a crystal child. Pretty much every walk we go on, we come back with a bag of stones. Both my children ooohh and ahhh at micah and quartz. One of their favorite things to do in the woods is to run about collecting different stones. I like to experiment on the stones that they bring home. I will hold them in my hand and see what I can feel. I then try to look them up online and see if I can find out what they are and if my guess to their healing properties is correct. If you type a gemstone name and healing properties into google you should be able to pull the properties for the stone in question.

These are just a few of the categories of amazing energies that we can sense. Hopefully you are starting to realize how broad your gift can be and how many areas it can expand to. It really is an amazing gift. As you go about in your daily life, look at the things around you that have energy vibrations. They are literally everywhere. The more you open yourself up to it, the more you will sense, and the more aware of the world around us you will become.

Love and Blessings,

Jasmeine Moonsong