Friday, March 23, 2012

Husband Reluctant To Homeschool

Dear Holly,

I am the mother of six, from a newborn to age 8. My husband and I are richly blessed. I absolutely love your book. I have many sisters to share it with (I am the youngest of 14, 9 of which are girls)! One of my biggest concerns is the education of my children. I desire to home school in the worst way, but my husband does not want me to. After coming home with our newest arrival, I can't help but feel somewhat relieved. However, if my husband ever agreed to it, I would try it with my whole heart. I would much rather attempt the hard work of home schooling, than to have my children being subjected to peers brought up with poor moral values. At this time, they go to a public school, my oldest being in the second grade. We most certainly could not afford a Catholic school. I feel that we try our best to teach them their faith at home. My husband is involved with that as well. He just thinks that it would be too much work for me. I haven't convinced him yet to go to a home schooling conference. I have talked much with my brother about this who is a priest with the Fathers of Mercy. He says Our Lord loves obedience. He tells me to pray about it, for my husband's heart to open to the idea. Until then, the priest tells me to do as my husband wishes, for he is the leader of our family. I am hoping and praying that if that ever happens or not, we will be able to give back to God what rightfully belongs to Him: our children.

Reference: goddesses-and-gods.blogspot.com