Sunday, November 9, 2008

Mailbag Monday Abundance Checks

Mailbag Monday Abundance Checks
Todays letter comes from Estrella Amante, she writes

"I saw your version of The Abundance Check on your Facebook Fan Page. Would love to know how your version works for your clients. The Abundance Check has been successful for many being non-specific so as not to limit the manifestation. Having it be specific changes the original intent, so it might become even more of a powerhouse. "

"How did you find out about it? Of course I'd be ultimately flattered if you saw it on my blog or listened to[name removed] recent blogtalk radio show when he mentioned it. Glad the check concept is getting around! People like it, it helps them stay focused, and it works! "

MM Estrella,

Thanks for your question. For those that have never heard of these tools, Abundance Checks are checks that you write to yourself from a Higher Power such as God, the Universe, the Law of Attraction, etc... They can be written for either a specific amount or in some cases with no amount at all. People who use them often use their own personal checks, a blank check printed online, or even a blank check drawn on paper.

Filling the check out to yourself is an act of faith. It is not done without the absolute belief that you can have what you are asking for. If you do not truly believe that you deserve abundance or cannot attract it into your life, then you won't. Those who claim success with abundance checks often find that though they may not get the million-dollars they ask for they will often get a lesser amount that they need.

I often make the practice of writing abundance checks to myself into a little ritual. On the day of the New Moon, I will fill out the check at my altar, anoint it with money-drawing oils and then smoke it in incense while making my prayer/petition for abundance. When I am done, I will fold the paper towards me three times and leave the abundance check on my prosperity altar. The check will remain on my prosperity altar until the Full Moon at which time I will burn the check asking that as it burns away to nothing may my debt likewise dwindle down to nothing.

I first heard about Abundance Checks when I was a member of a social network site for Wiccans, Witches, and Pagans called Covenspace. One of my online friends named Amber M. wrote a blog entry about them and I have been using regularly using abundance checks since then. Later I also read about them in The Secret, by Rhonda Byrne (pages 98-99).

As you can see, Estrella, I did not learn about Abundance Checks from you; especially since I have no idea who you are, nor have I read your blog. As far as the radio show you mentioned, I have only listened to one episode in which both the host and the guest seriously mislead their listeners with erroneous information about the beliefs and practices of Hoodoo. However, that is the subject of another blog entirely and I will not go into that here at this time.

Carolina Dean



Source: modern-wiccan.blogspot.com