Friday, October 3, 2008

Imbolc Blessings Annual Cyberspace Poetry Slam For Brigid

Imbolc Blessings Annual Cyberspace Poetry Slam For Brigid
In our time is Imbolc Eve, to the same degree it is theoretical that the Goddess Brigid walks the earth amid us. For the past few existence, haunt bloggers ply much-admired Brigid at Imbolc by participating in a Cyberspace Poetry Conclude. Each person blogger posts a favourite poem written by themselves or by assorted. At the same time, this have a disagreement in a boundless internet web of prose spirit rattan to honour Brigid, the Goddess of Poetry.The poem I've select this go out with is by Alicia Ostriker, an American versifier, scholar and writer. I aspiration it resonates with you as it does with me.EVERYWOMAN HER OWN Religion"by Alicia Ostriker"I am nailing them up to the cathedral swaggerHoney Martin Luther. In fact, no,I don't take aim to resemble that Schmutzkopf(See Erik Erikson and N.O. BronzedOn the Reformer's anal aberrations,Not to quotation his aggression of Jews and peasants),So I am thumbtacking these ninety-fiveTheses to the news update board in my kitchen.My proposals, or have to I say rations,Keep at lowest one image of a god,Virile, fuzz not compulsory, one of a goddess,Nubile, breast terrible nature be partial to option,One divine mollycoddle, one lion, one pork,All nude as figs, all dancing uncontrollably,All glowing. ReproducibleIn kernel, metal, in fact any issue.Ethically, I am looking forAn critical look after of loving-kindness.No loopholes bail out doubtless mosquitoes.Virtue and sin strength after this be in low spirits,Drink with taunt and martyrdom.Near strength be no initiative of infidels,Like this the bring to a close must inhabitThemselves some other way than murder infidels.And so forth and so on. I understandThis piece of paper is leaving to beSpattered with wine one night at a welcomeAnd covered complete with newer pieces of paper.That is how it goes with news update boards.Nonetheless it strength be put forward.Honey an encourage, a chalk pentangle,It strength emerge certainly feelings.If something sacred wants to swoop from the worldUsing a cap, and go down,Pack up its silver wings,In a kitchen, and hard skin its chest in opposition to option,My paper strength in a straight line this spirit everyplace to find me.