Monday, July 19, 2010

Lunar Love

Lunar Love
Merry Meet :)))))) Many of you who have been with me for awhile and even some of you who have just joined know that I absolutely love art. It's a huge part of me. For as long as I can remember, I've always been participating in one form of art or another be it singing, drawing, writing, painting and so on. :)))) It's a creative outlet for me and helps to keep me grounded and in tune with the world around me.

2013 honestly went by in a complete whirlwind and at the beginning of the year I found myself recreating pieces for the Artist of the Year in the Magickal times award that I got, but after that, my art took a bit of a back seat to running Wiccan Moonsong. That is one of my goals for 2014 is to get back into creating. :))))) So with that said, the piece above is my newest work. :))))))) I originally called it Moon Love but with the help of some of you on Facebook it is now called Lunar Love. :)))))))

I used Adobe Photoshop for this and a style of art called photomanipulation. Basically the piece above is comprised of about 6 different pictures meshed together to create a vision that I saw. It took me about 20 hours to complete and I honestly loved every minute of it, except when I was trying to remember how to do things in photoshop! lol :)))) As always my art usually reflects something going on in my life, or an emotion that I wish to capture.

Many of you write in to me about love and how to find it. This piece is my way of expressing my viewpoint on that. If you notice she has a sword in her hand that for me represents personal power. It is reflecting the Moon's light as well as the pentacle above which is my way of representing her joining with the divine on her spiritual path. The last few years have been much about finding my true self and learning to trust and work with my guides and come into my own personal power, giving myself permission to be myself. I've learned to love myself for who I am. The Wizard is emerging from the shadows and many will recognize him from a previous piece I did called "The Wizard." I'll show you that piece. :)))) It will help to understand how these two merge.

He was made, wow about two years ago now. Time has flown! He really represented what I wanted in a significant other. I wanted someone who was masculine yet very wise. Someone who felt at home in nature and as such knew how to harness the magick of the world around him via what has been given to us naturally by the Great Goddess. Something very important to me was someone who not only would be strong, but soft and sentimental as well and would would be able to appreciate the beauty in the simple things in life. So this is why he appears in my current work, moving out of the shadows towards the Priestess as these two lives join as one. This is where I see my path going in the coming year.

So with this work I hope to convey the message that when looking for love you must learn to love yourself first and come into your own power. Align with the path that you were meant to walk, and then if you wish to have that perfect relationship the one who you were meant to be with will then emerge from the shadows to join with you. :))))

I hope you enjoy!

Much Love and Many Blessings,

Jasmeine Moonsong


If you are interested you can find lots of products featuring "Lunar Love" in my shop here:

http://www.zazzle.com/bltshw/gifts?cg=196963300849862864